Recently I have had many orders of the classic chicken piccata. This dish is lemony and bright, perfect for bringing to a party or for dinner. It is pretty fast and can be done in about an hour. I decided to share the recipe with you!
- Chicken breast
- White wine
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock
- Zest and cut lemons.
- Slice chicken breast into thin pieces or save some time and buy already sliced chicken cutlets.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper both sides
- Pour 1 cup of flour into a bowl and season flour with salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan pour about 1 tbsp on olive oil and a half tbsp (1/2tbsp) of butter. Turn heat to medium high.
- Take the sliced chicken breast and coat both sides in flour.
- Once the butter is melted and the oil butter mixture is hot (about 2 to 3 min) place chicken in the pan and cook for 4 mins on each side flipping only once.
- Repeat this step until all the chicken is cooked adding more olive oil and butter between cooking raw chicken.
- Once completed cooking the chicken, add about 2 to 4tbsp of flour to the hot pan and make a roux. Make sure the flour soaks up all the oil and butter from the pan.
- Using a whisk, slowly add in 1 ½ cups of chicken stock.
- Let cook for about 2 mins
- Next add in 1 cup of white wine and the juice of 2 lemons.
- Whisk thoroughly
- Cook for about 3 mins
- Add in capers and a handful of chopped parsley and cook for another 2 mins.
- Finally, pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve hot. With your choice of rice, pasta, or even potato.