The other day I was really in a pinch on what to make for dinner. It was one of those weeks where we were eating all of the frozen goodies in our freezer, needed to go food shopping and no one was feeling motivated to try something new.
I decided to make a quick eggplant parmesan, the puree below was frozen cauliflower, chickpea, tumeric, butter and herbs topped with chunky tomato sauce.Check out how to make the cauliflower mash below!
Make the cauliflower mash
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 can of chickpea (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tsp of tumeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Rinse canned beans
- In a large pot place butter, and 1 cup of water
- add in frozen cauliflower and seasonings.
- Cover pot and cook for 15 min or until fork tender.
- scoop cauliflower mix in to food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- OPTIONAL add cooking water slowly and as needed to desired texture.
Let us know if you try this mash or any other cauliflower mashes you like!
Thanks for reading!
Don’t forget to join our list!