How do you feel about hummus? Personally I find it super delicious, it satisfies my craving for something creamy, and savory in between meals. Most of us use it as a dip for our chips or veggies, but I also like to use it as a spread on sandwiches in place of mayo.
Check out the recipe below the photo.
- 2 Lemons ( zested and juiced)
- 16 oz can of chickpeas( drained,rinsed)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil ( or sunflower)
- 2 large tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Drain and rinse canned chickpeas. ( optional step, lightly saute them to deepen flavor)
2) In a blender, add in juice from lemons, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
3) Blend to desired consistency. Remove and place into bowl.
4) Gently mix in lemon zest an save some to use as garnish. Serve room temperature.
Thanks for reading, until next time! Cheers!