Hello Readers and Happy Monday!
Today I will be sharing with you the recipe for my winter squash bowl, it is one of our most popular prepared meals menu items this season, and for many reasons. It is satisfying, sweet and savory and good for you!
- 1/2 butternut squash ( pumpkin, acorn), diced into slightly larger than bitesize
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale- chopped, rinsed and steamed
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 3 tbsp. craisins
Method of Prep
- Wash, chop and steam 1 bunch of Kale
- Boil 1/2 cup of quinoa with 2-4 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of salt
- Dice chosen squash and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Once your quinoa is cooked through, strain and set aside to cool.
- Take warm quinoa and place on bottom of bowl.
- Next layer steamed kale on top of quinoa.
- Third, place roasted squash and craisins on top of kale.
- Finally drizzle remaining olive oil, and salt and pepper on top of bowl.
- Enjoy warm or keep in fridge for up to 5 days.
Well readers, I hope you have a great week and find some time to try out the recipe!
Until next time,