Hello Readers, and Happy 2021!
We have a fun recipe for you all today that takes under a half hour. This juicy pear and caramelized onion tart is easy to make, takes only 5 ingredients ( half of them optional) and is perfect for a Sunday brunch. Check out the recipe below.
Pear and caramelized onion tart
Prep time– 15 min Cook time– 15 min
- 1 Frozen pie crust
- 3 pears (Bartlett or D’anjou) – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp white sugar ( optional)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Dried parsley ( optional)
Method of Prep
- Pre bake pie crust for 10 mins.
- While the pie crust is cooling, peel , core, and, slice pears, set aside.
- Thinly slice onions, heat up butter in a saucepan and toss in onions. Stir constantly until brown this will take about 10 minutes. ( Optional add in 3 tbsp of sugar while cooking down to sweeten and brown faster)
- Gently spread cooked onions evenly on pre baked pie shell. Next, place pear slices on top of onions.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle dried parsley.
Easy peasy! This classic recipe also leaves a lot of room for creativity, add in cheeses, nuts, or a balsamic drizzle. Let me know in the comments if you try this out and how you made it your own!
Until next time readers, Cheers!
Also don’t forget to sign up for for our Insiders’ List below! We have some awesome announcements comming up for 2021 and want you be in the know.