Hello Readers and happy Monday!
Today we have a fun easy summer dessert, frozen lemonade. An easy to make ahead treat perfectly refreshing for the summer time!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 14 lemons, zested and juiced ( if using lemon concentrate follow directions on package)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- OPTIONAL 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream ( sweet condensed milk, evaporated milk)
Method of Preparation
- Boil the sugar and water together for about 25 mins and check consistency, you are creating a simple syrup, it should be the thickness of pure maple syrup.
- After you achieved the right thickness remove from heat and let cool. After about 15 minutes of cooling add in lemon zest and lemon juices stir together and taste for flavor.
- Adjust flavor as needed.
- Portion lemonade in ice trays and freeze for about 2-4 hours.
- Once lemonade is frozen, add into a blender.
- Crush until slushie consistency about 1-1.5 minutes.
- OPTIONAL- add in 1/4 cup of whipping cream ( sweet condensed milk, evaporated milk) and blend for a creamy smoother treat.
You can easily add strawberries, mint or peaches to add your own flare to this dessert!
Let me know in the comments if you made this dessert and how it went!