Hello Readers, and happy tuesday!
I thought today would be a great day to share my creamy tomato basil soup recipe! This dish was made for a private chef client whom I made a 3 course meal for their anniversary. This soup was the first course but , can easily be made into a main course especially if served with a yummy grilled cheese.
To make this soup you will need:
- 24 oz crushed tomato
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 16 oz of heavy cream( cashew or coconut milk are great alternatives)
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large carrot
- half of a yellow onion
- half a stick of salted butter
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Large soup pots
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Rough chop all vegetables
- In a large soup pot, melt butter and sauté onions
- Next add chopped carrot and celery, cover pot and sweat for about 5 mins.
- Add in crushed tomato, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper simmer for 20 mins
- Remove bay leaves and save for later
- Pour soup into blender add a 1/4 cup of heavy cream and chopped basil leaves (or alternative)
- Note you may need to do this in multiple steps so have a second soup pot ready to pour blended soup into.
- Repeat step 6 until all of your soup is blended.
- Return soup to burner, add in used bay leaves and cook on low for another 10 mins. Taste and season accordingly
- Serve hot! Can be stored up to 4 days in refrigerator.
Thanks for reading and until next time, Cheers!